Rise Africa interviews Nikyatu Jusu, first generation Sierra-Leonean American, 25 November 2013 (6:40 min.)
1. What are the difficulties of keeping a character authentic when crafting a story?
2. You often cast women in lead roles. Does feminism cross your mind during the creation process?
3. Is feminism a western idea? Does feminism exist on the continent?
4. Is feminism a conflict of Africa culture?
5. Any advice for filmmakers who'd like to follow your footsteps?
6. How do you interpret the phrase, "Africa is done suffering?"
Also see interview on African Women in Cinema Blog