The Mzansi Women’s Film Festival (MWFF) 2017
Film submissions are open
The Mzansi Women’s Film Festival (MWFF) is a platform for women filmmakers showcasing films by women and about women. Established in 2014, this annual festival is held the first weekend in August – Women’s Month in South Africa.
Film submissions can be:
As micro, shorts and feature length. Closing for submission would be 31 May 2017.
The MWFF’s objectives are to:
- Create a reputable platform for women filmmakers to showcase their work.
- Create a reputable platform to showcase films made by and about women.
- Create an annual networking opportunity for women filmmakers to identify and access opportunities in the film industry.
- Facilitate access to training and/or development opportunities for women filmmakers.
- Create an awards event that recognises the work of female filmmakers.
In addition to showcasing their films, the MWFF is a platform to stimulate greater interest in films by and about women, and contribute towards integrating women filmmakers into mainstream filmmaking.
In 2016, the MWFF established partnerships with the Westbury Youth Centre and the Wot-if? Trust, who ran parallel MWFF screenings at the Westbury Youth Centre in Westbury, and the Father Louis Blondel Centre in Diepsloot, respectively.
Since its inception, the MWFF has screened over 100 films from across the world, as well as hosted over 30 workshops and conversations relating to women filmmakers and filmmaking.
The Mzansi Women’s Film Festival 2017 will be held from 3 – 6 August 2017.
Website link: http://www.mwff.co.za/submissions.html